Friday, February 19, 2010

Life Lessons?

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 5:35pm | Edit Note | Delete
Heard a good line that 'going to congress is like a university campus.' The point being that congressional representatives tend to like the atmosphere of being in Washington. I realized that they were/are a lot like I was when I left home to enter college. Yeah, you have to once and a while put up with pesky questions from the folks back home, but once on campus you realize that this has got to be the coolest experience yet. That's why congressmen and women never want to go home. They want to keep feeling that power. And once they get to D.C. and can raise money from special interests, there is little to stop them from returning again and again. Sort of like getting an endless stream of 'financial aid.' I may have just talked myself into supporting term limits.

No comments: